Below are instructions for fixing the “This page cannot be displayed” message after installing Quickbooks (note: make sure that you show hidden files)
- Close QuickBooks Desktop if it’s open.
- Ensure that all QuickBooks processes are no longer running.
- From the keyboard, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc. This opens the Task Manager. Windows 10: Click More Details to show Task Manager
- Click the Processes tab.
- Sort the processes alphabetically by clicking the Process Name header.
- Search for all instances of QBW32.EXE and End Task.
- Open the entitlement data folder for your operating system and version of QuickBooks.
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run window.
- Enter (or copy and paste) C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 and press Enter.
Note: The folder location of the .ecml file is the same for all QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise versions.
- Right-click the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm you want to delete the file.
- Open QuickBooks Desktop, open your company file, and follow the instructions to register the application.